The Authorities of the Northwest Territories (GNWT) has modified the eligibility standards and tips for the Employer Pushed Stream of the Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP). These adjustments present extra flexibility for employers and make sure the program and processes are user-friendly.
The NTNP helps employers recruit and retain critically wanted and expert staff. It at present has two streams: Employer-Pushed and Enterprise. By means of nominating international nationals through the NTNP, employers can develop and/or keep their companies by hiring and retaining high quality workers members for jobs that aren’t in a position to be full of Northwest Territories (NWT) residents.
The adjustments to the Employer Pushed tips replicate direct consumer suggestions and embrace:
- easing promoting necessities for employers
- decreasing the variety of hours required for work to be thought of full-time
- decreasing sure language degree necessities
The rules have additionally been reformatted and data has been added to make sure they’re clear and concise, together with info on the post-nomination course of, work allow assist letters and the screening course of with the Employment Requirements Workplace.
For a whole listing of the adjustments, please go to: https://www.immigratenwt.ca/en/newsroom/changes-employer-driven-stream-NTNP
“The adjustments launched to the Employer Pushed Stream of the Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP) replicate suggestions from purchasers, and tackle employer’s wants. The Authorities of the Northwest Territories will proceed to reinforce and develop the NTNP streams and tips to make sure we’re supporting the event of a robust labour market within the NWT in the present day and for generations to return.”
– R.J. Simpson, Minister of Training, Tradition and Employment
- The division of Training, Tradition and Employment (ECE) delivers the Employer Pushed Stream of the NTNP; the division of Trade, Tourism and Funding (ITI) delivers the Enterprise Stream of the NTNP.
- The current adjustments are particular to the NTNP Employer Pushed Stream and can have no affect on the Enterprise Stream.
- The Canada-Northwest Territories Settlement on Territorial Nominees permits the GNWT to introduce adjustments to the NTNP that improve program integrity and tackle financial and labour market traits and desires within the NWT.
For media requests, please contact:
Supervisor, Public Affairs and Communications
Division of Training, Tradition and Employment
Authorities of the Northwest Territories
867-767-9352 Ext. 71073